Friday 27 June 2014

Parkour with Katie Hollow

I've been photographing my friend Katie Hollow for a little over a year now and it's still always as enjoyable as the first time. We are on the same page about style, hair and inspiration so it works extremely well. Not to mention  her beauty and awesome attitude... I could just go on and on! She has been a huge supporter of my work and I am eternally grateful for the encouragement and confidence she has given me :)



I had this idea that I knew she would be perfect for... I wanted to shoot on a rooftop in downtown St. Catharines. Unfortunately, I had no idea how to get access without the possibility in getting in some trouble. Yikes.

Luckily, Katie has some awesome connections from the tattooing community...did I mention she's an amazing tattoo artist? With the help of her fellow tattoo artist and new shop owner Maggie, we were able to access the roof above the new Studio 4 Tattoo Parlor. Maggie even gave me a hand getting onto the roof!


The rooftop where the fire escape leads to is where we took most of the images




and the obligatory picture of the model giggling texting cute boys...hahaha




This was definitely one of my favourite shoots to date! I was extremely grateful to spend some time on the roof and create something awesome with Katie!

I used my 50mm f1.8 on my Nikon D600 for all of these, taking extra background images for a couple of the panoramics.

Here are a few of my favourites below:













I'm absolutely thrilled with the outcome and very proud of what we created!


- Courtney











No comments:

Post a Comment